Thursday, November 19, 2009

Why 3 squares?

Three squares is the exact amount of toilet paper that can flush at a time in my parent's toilets. Why do I know this? Three words, family home evening. We were all taught the proper number of squares at one very memorable FHE. This is serious business at our house. My parents own the most temperamental potties ever made. Everyone has clogged them. So Howard took it upon himself to determine the exact amount of squares before hitting the breaking point. Apparently the breaking point is at four. We were all advised that if the job took four, and it really didn't need to if one wiped efficiently, but if it did need four or more, we were to flush and begin again. So in honor of our low flow toilets and in memory of all those moments when the water in the bowl rose instead of flushed, I have named this film festival 3 Squares.

I have also been told that my Dad has developed the most aerodynamic way to fold one's toilet paper so that it flushes with a swoosh as apposed to the dreaded glug. Gone are the days of the simple wad. It's funny to imagine, first how and where he discovered the folding technique, and then how he announced it to my mother. "Janna I've got great news....."

Now you know. I'll be posting the rules of the film festival and the prizes soon!

1 comment:

NaDell said...

You guys are so funny! Your mom was telling us about the fun at her cooking class tonight. I'm so excited!