Saturday, November 21, 2009

First of Many Prizes

What a whirl wind last few days we have had. We now have over 100 hits on the blog and although we all know it's just Janna hitting the refresh button we are still so excited. A big shout out to our one follower! I appreciate everyone sending such great ideas to me which is why I feel bad that I actually can't update the poll. This is what the family gets when the one person who has never done a blog starts the family blog. But I am keeping track of the suggestions and am open to a write in vote winning. Janna has her heart set on Makin' Whoopee (is anyone surprised), while Howard is hoping for Carribean Amphibian.

The first prize which will be awarded to each family member that participates in the festival is a flowered wallpaper fan handcrafted by none other than Howard himself. If you are unsure of what this treasure might look like you simply need to visit my parents home other wise known as Bell Choir Central (your guess is as good as mine). It hangs with all its glory in the living room right by the piano students gifts which are displayed on the wall using brightly colored thumb tacks. Twenty two years ago my father made his first masterpiece and they have been in high demand ever since. The wall paper fan is woven so deeply into the fabric of each of our lives that when I originally announced this prize to each participant (it was the only way to get Thera on board), my mom had to point it out to Missy as she had never noticed it before.

Coming soon an exciting announcement from Ryan!!!

No comments: