Saturday, January 1, 2011

Good Bye 2010

When we began the 2010 Film Festival season we set the lofty goal of putting on our 2nd best year ever. All I can say is...we did it!!

We had many new exciting elements to this Christmas web experience. Janna's tweets was a huge success especially if you were lucky enough to log on on the days Janna had put up a dirty joke. Where was Howard? Oh, everywhere. I think we all have a greater appreciation for the fine art of knitting, or was that crocheting or crotching. I don't know.

The big elephant in the room of course is the one missing video. While I am confident that Phil will talk some sense into Brad I still feel this breech in 3SFF policy needs to be addressed. I was pleased that Sarah and Josh finally posted their video. It performed far and above our pathetically low standards (see Jen and Chad's video) and, it took a lot of energy to be bad mouthing both Brad and Josh and it is a relief to be able to just focus our attention on Brad now.

I know Missy was particularly upset by Brad's lack of video. I over heard her saying "I cut and pasted three heads for this event and he shows with nothing!"

And you see that is just it. We have fans that are expecting five relatively mediocre videos every Christmas. We can't just show to the party with four. It's rude.

So, without further adieu, for the 2011 Film Festival Season, we are announcing open auditions for the position of Brad. We already have families all over the country submitting their videos hoping for a shot at this coveted position.

I know what you are thinking. Wow, that's harsh. No, no. Brad can re-audition for the part of himself and we will give him an equal opportunity. All audition videos must be submitted by the start of the 2011 season.

Has Brad been cut out of the family?No way. He is still in Janna and Howard's will, there is a piece of petrified wood with his name on it. He will still be expected to do his shift at the nursing home when Howard hits 98 and at some point Janna is going to stop glaring at him.

It's just show biz folks. Have a happy new year!

Here is a taste of your competition.


1 comment:

Thera Rew said...

Actually I was in the grueling process of posting and someone changed the password when I pushed publish post. (I think we were on at the same time) You can find Brad's video at this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwHna2V9Q8U

Happy New Year.

Jen, I did make a post. It is probably in the drafts of the blog if you want to post it. Or send me the password and I will post it.